Sunday 29 April 2012

Beware....Muslim




Assalaamualaikum[Peace be upon you],

I found this article and wanted to share it with you guys and girls. it may push you to think a little...


"I am a Muslim," I frequently explain to my peers. In high school, this statement usually produced a blank expression accompanied by vacant eyes. The pulsating of my heart would escape my chest and flood throughout my body as I wondered what they were thinking. Did they imagine me bowing on the ground, worshiping multiple gods or idols?

Before they had the chance to express false images aloud, I would clarify, "I believe in one God that has no partners and in his messenger Muhammed (Peace be upon him)."

"What is a Muslim?" my peers would ask. I fear this ignorance. Usually, they are only exposed to different religions and cultures such as Islam through the Western media, whose representation of Islam needles me most. The media's biased portrayal only hinders Islamic awareness. Every day the news reports on hundreds of criminals who are rarely labeled with their religions. I have never heard of a "Christian murderer" or a "Jewish kidnapper," but whenever a bomb goes off "Muslim terrorists" are immediately blamed. I have friends that are Buddhist, Hindu, Christian and Jewish, and we have all learned to practice goodness, morality and kindness from our religions. It is clearly contradictory to label someone that commits violent and immoral acts with any religion.

To better understand one another, we must learn more about each other's religions and cultures. Many people overlook the connection between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. These faiths all have the same one God, prominent prophets and fundamental message.

When I meet another Muslim I say, "As-salamu-alaikum," which means "Peace be with you." When I fast during the month of Ramadan, I do not only abstain from eating and drinking, but I also abstain from arguing with my little brother and parents. Backbiting or even thinking badly of someone will break my fast. I practice a religion that teaches peace, equality and humility.

That is why I am shocked when Muslims are prematurely and falsely blamed for terrorist crimes such as the Oklahoma City bombing.

Today students claim to have open minds on the subject of religion, but only a select few are truly open. For the rest, I have to don my armor to avoid being stabbed by thoughts they could be grinding behind their clenched teeth.
Until people get an accurate view of Islam that erases any stereotypes from their minds, I will continue wearing my coat of quills.


I hope that was beneficial....

By Nayzak...


















thank you...syukran jazilan

No comments:

Post a Comment